Turkish gaming company sold to Zynga for 168 million dollars

World-renowned game developer Zynga announced that it has acquired Rollic, another Turkish game company that produces hyper-casual games, for $168 million, following the acquisition of Turkish game company Peak Games for $1.8 billion.

Zynga announced on its official Twitter address that the company has reached an agreement with Rollic, an Istanbul-based Turkish gaming company that is one of the fastest growing companies in the hyper-casual gaming space.

The statement emphasized that Rollic’s games have been downloaded more than 250 million times and that Rollic will contribute to the company’s user profile and advertising space.

Zynga Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Frank Gibeau said that they are very excited to enter the hyper casual space in 2020 with the acquisition of Rollic, one of the fastest growing hyper-casual developers and publishers worldwide and led by a great team.

Burak Vardal, Founder and CEO of Rollic, said that the Rollic team is honored to join Zynga. “Our hyper-casual expertise is a perfect fit with Zynga’s product management, data science, ad monetization and worldwide publishing quality,” Vardal said.

According to the statement, Zynga will first acquire 80 percent of Rollic for 168 million dollars. The remaining 20 percent of Rollic will be gradually transferred to Zynga over the next 3 years.

In recent months, Zynga announced that it acquired Istanbul-based mobile gaming company Peak Games for a record price of 1.8 billion dollars.

Source: https://www.aa.com.tr/tr/ekonomi/turk-oyun-sirketi-168-milyon-dolara-zyngaya-satildi/1933379

cemsimsek789

Announcements
06/12/2023
06/12/2023
06/12/2023
06/12/2023
06/12/2023
06/12/2023
06/12/2023
06/12/2023
06/12/2023
06/12/2023
06/12/2023
06/12/2023